Are you looking for Important HR statistics related to the challenges of pre-hiring and recruitment success?
The CreateLMS platform is designed to help many aspects of the HR lifecycle but one of the most important elements is hiring the right person. Getting it wrong can be catastrophic for the organisation.
How many times have we hired that rock-star who upon joining turns out to be an utter turkey. Is it just me?
So the best LMS would make it super easy for me to hire based on:
- Showing new recruits our vision, values and needs in a powerful about us video
- Sharing the pros and cons of the job
- Clearly defining the skills needed and testing for these
- Progress through the content and general time invested in learning about the role
- Their listed development needs uncovered during the process
Then as soon as they accept our offer, we begin the on-boarding process with the progress fully tracked.
- 89% of Glassdoor users are either actively looking for jobs or would consider better opportunities. (Glassdoor U.S. Site Survey, January 2016)
- 57% of Glassdoor visitors are employed either full-time or part-time. (Glassdoor U.S. Site Survey, January 2016)
- One in three employers are concerned voluntary exits will increase. (Harris Poll for Glassdoor, February 2015)
- $4,000 is the average amount U.S. companies spend to fill an open position. (Talent Acquisition Factbook 2015, Bersin by Deloitte, April 2015)
- It takes an average of 52 days to fill an open position, up from 48 days in 2011. (Talent Acquisition Factbook 2015 2015, Bersin by Deloitte, April 2015)
- 48% of small businesses report there are few or no qualified applicants for the positions they are trying to fill. November 2015)
- 51% of employees are considering a new job. (Workforce Panel, Gallup, November 2015)
- The top two obstacles to increasing headcount are a shortage of candidates (31%) and lengthy hiring practices (27%). (Recruiter Sentiment Study 2015 2nd Half, MRI Network, December 2015)
- 47% of declined offers in the second half of 2015 were due to candidates accepting other jobs, up 10 points from the first half of 2015. (Recruiter Sentiment Study 2015 2nd Half, MRI Network, December 2015)
- 90% of recruiters say the market is candidate-driven in 2015, up from 54% in the second half of 2011. (Recruiter Sentiment Study 2015 2nd Half, MRI Network, 2015)
- Top 5 pieces biggest considerations job seekers take into account before accepting a job offer: Salary and compensation, Career growth opportunities, Work-life balance, Location/commute, Company culture and values. (Glassdoor survey, October 2014)
- 78% of sales professionals said they would accept less money to work at a company selling something compelling. (Glassdoor survey, June 2014)
- 94% of sales professionals say that base salary is the most important element of the compensation plan, while 62% say that commission is. (Glassdoor survey, June 2014)
- 66% of healthcare professionals are likely to accept less money to work at a company with a great culture. (Glassdoor survey, April 2014)
- 78% of software engineers say the top reason they would leave their job is salary and compensation. (Glassdoor survey, January 2014)
- 48% of female software engineers are likely to apply to a company a friend recommended. (Glassdoor survey, January 2014)
- More than half (52%) of hiring decision makers say passive candidate sourcing has been less effective for their company. (Harris Poll for Glassdoor, 2014)
- More than two-thirds (67%) of employers believe retention rates would be higher if candidates had a clearer picture of what to expect about working at the company before taking the job. (Harris Interactive Survey for Glassdoor, 2014)
- 46% of Glassdoor members are reading reviews when they have just started their job search and have not yet spoken with a company recruiting or hiring manager. (Glassdoor survey, September 2013)
- On average, each corporate job opening attracts 250 resumes. Of these candidates, four to six will be called for an interview and only one will be offered the job. (ERE Survey, 2013)