New hires can only perform their best when they’ve been onboarded effectively and successfully. Without a proper onboarding process, there is simply no way employees can meet the desired expectations.
It is worth noting that on average;
- New Hires productivity in the 1st month is 30%
- New Hires productivity after 2 months is 50%
- After 3 months its 75%
It Typically takes around 12 months to reach full productivity.
One reason for shaping the design of CreateLMS was my frustration at the length of time it took to get people effective.
It drove me nuts that a sales guy would take at least 3 months before we knew if they could make a difference. The process was highly manual and took many peoples time.
This needed automating, with checks and balances that were engaging and motivational. Today our sales people are evidencing results within the first 2 weeks and are excited at their own progress. That’s because onboarding in our business (and today most of our clients), now starts at the interview stage. We would be pleased to show you this in action. Just get in-touch.
Poor onboarding can lead to high employee turnover rates which in turn affects productivity in general.
The cost of a new hire can be immense. It is reported that on average the full process of hiring a new employee can be as much as $4,125 besides actual onboarding expenses which easily makes the cost of acquiring a new hire go through the roof. Here’s a breakdown
Average Onboarding Expenses include:
- Managers time $1296
- Printing, Materials etc $992
- Training $1252
- Hardware and software $2777
For any company looking to retain its employees and equip them with the knowledge and skills it takes to do their jobs, having an effective onboarding process is extremely important.
Elegant onboarding allows for a quality work relationship between the employer and employee. It helps in making employees feel valued and respected which in turn motivates them to do their best. In Fact it is reported that;
- Only 30% of employees feel fully supported in onboarding
- Only 12% of employees feel their company does a great onboarding job
What does this mean? & How do you compare?
Investing tiny sums and applying a consistent repeatable process is one of the best things you can do to increase productivity, growth and profit.
This is where CreateLMS comes in. Elegant, beautiful, onboarding is free and we are here to help you copy and deploy industry best practices.
Most of our clients are semi automating the whole onboarding and employee engagement process and lifecycle. The results are stunning.
The benefits of having a structured onboarding process can be immense. In Fact;
- 69% of employees are likely to stay with a company if they experience great onboarding
- 58% of employees who went through a structured onboarding are likely to stay for more 3 years
- Companies with a standard onboarding process experience 50% greater retention
So How Exactly Do You Improve Your Onboarding Process?
CreateLMS offers you the capability to:
1. Create Content specifically to streamline onboarding
2. Using learning Tracks to deliver content at the optimal time in the journey
3. Surveys and pulse checks to seek feedback and graphically report on this
4. Graphical reports allow management/buddies/coaches to track progress through the onboarding lifecycle
CreateLMS content teams are on hand to help build optimal onboarding processes and content. Build once and use over.
We will help you deploy an engaging onboarding experience for your new hires and at the same time to work with you to optimise and reduce the time needed to get employees effective in post sooner.
Just ask our client Comcast, with over 26,000 call center staff… The team moved to micro, bite sized, video centric, approach to onboarding. Today, call handlers graduation time has reduced from 35hrs to 6hrs while increasing customer satisfaction using NPS as the measure.
So get in touch and let’s show you this in action and within 60 minutes you will know how to fix your current onboarding issues.