13 Worrisome employee engagement statistics
CreateLMS is a platform designed to help you engage & educate employees, contractors, agents, partners, customers and even franchisees.
We have grouped the statistics into buckets and make comments
When you seek feedback and act on it the results are transformative!
Here are some interesting and sometimes illogical stats that the CreateLMS platform was designed to address:
#1 – One in five employees is not confident their manager will provide regular, constructive feedback. (Source)
- This is why it is important that the organisation takes a more holistic approach and that the Senior Leadership Team understands sentiment across the whole organisation, listens and acts on findings. Our passion has been for making this incredibly easy and efficient
#2 – 24% of workers would consider leaving their jobs if they have managers that provide inadequate performance feedback. (Source)
#3 – Teams led by managers who focus on their weaknesses are 26% less likely to be engaged. (Source)
- We agree! Centralising and streamlining this task helps quickly solve this challenge.
- By making it easy to quickly deploy; gather and report on findings, leaders can quickly address negative findings
- Blinded graphical reports enable you to communicate findings quickly and easily along with any remedies proposed
#4 – 69% of employees say they would work harder if they felt their efforts were better recognized. (Source)
#5 – 24% of employees who felt they had not received recognition from their direct supervisor in the past two weeks had recently interviewed for another position, compared to just 13% who had received recognition. (Source)
#6 – 90% of job seekers say that it’s important to work for a company that embraces transparency. (Glassdoor U.S. Site Survey, January 2016; *Updated from 96%, Glassdoor survey, October 2014)
- Having a tool that makes it easy to explore organisation wide sentiment is critical. The cost of employee turnover is often ignored.
- High performance organisations seek feedback, act on ideas/recommendations, and provide clear communication around focus.
#7 – Recognition is the number one thing employees say their manager could give them to inspire them to produce great work. (Source)
#8 – 80% of Gen Y said they prefer on-the-spot recognition over formal reviews. (Source)
#9 – 63% of Gen Z said they want to hear timely, constructive performance feedback throughout the year. (Source)
#10 – 27% of workers strongly agree that the feedback they currently receive helps them do their work better. (Source)
#11 – On a scale of 1-10, managers who gave the right amount of feedback earned an average score of 8.6 from workers. (Source)
#12 – 68% of employees who receive accurate and consistent feedback feel fulfilled in their jobs. (Source)
#13 – 45% of HR leaders do not think annual performance reviews are an accurate appraisal for employee’s work. (Source)
- An interesting mix of statistics which when combined aligns with our thinking is that if you want to be like the mega-performers such as Tesla, Google, SpaceX and many others you need hyper easy tools that help you feel the pulse…..
- BUT be warned,….. You need to be prepared to take the bad with the good and if you are hearing bad – Do something about it
- WHEN YOU DO…. Magic happens. Organisations quickly move from being Sloth like into humming well oiled machines….. and that is our purpose and reason for being – To help you become AWESOME! 🙂
We would be delighted to hear from you and to learn more about your challenges and share our wisdom and thinking in this area. Please get in touch.