Why CreateLMS? – Our Story
Excellence & Growth – Made Easy
No Credit Card Required
Why Create an LMS? – Our Story
CreateLMS is an innovative technology company, founded in 2013 to solve frustrating HR problems that impact growth, customer delight and PROFIT! We have been growing rapidly and winning awards since 2015.
If the CreateLMS platform was a car…. It would be a Tesla Model 3 or Y. Super fun, easy and a joy to own and drive.
Since 1999 our team was working for late start-ups that went onto become Unicorn businesses; growing at scary rates… our challenge has always been:
HOW THE HELL DO I – HIRE – TRAIN & RETAIN PEOPLE….. without it:
- Killing us…. and
- Enabling them to play their BEST game, day in day-out
We all know that people make a business….
- Hiring a ‘muppet or two’ disrupts teams, kills mojo, annoys customers & destroys growth.
- Poor onboarding saps the life out of your newbies and the people forced to deliver it – first impressions count!
- When we don’t bother to educate, learn or share best practices – quality and consistency slip
- Net effect – People bugger off and the whole process starts over.
We wanted; sorry desperately needed an LMS platform that was incredibly: easy to use, reliable, scalable that was HIGHLY affordable, feature rich & mobile friendly.
Back in 2011-13 an LMS was almost impossible to use and stupidly expensive. At that time we had built a very cool Clinical Trials platform called “Patient Reminders.” This quickly got acquired by Quintiles in 2013 and with our new found pot of $$$$, we decided to go and build the LMS we always wanted and SOO desperately needed.
Using the skills gained in building global, mobile friendly, platforms used in the highly regulated clinical trials industry… we set about building CreateLMS… Two years later we had migrated from Beta and clients loved the ease of use, reliability and COST!
Today our clients are:
- Hiring the best candidates they can with minimal effort – Conduct less interviews. Hire based on competency and reduce social bias within the hiring process.
- Onboarding new hires and getting them effective fast! – It drove me nuts that on average a sales guy would take 3 months before they made a difference or not!
- Up-skilling and training/educating people – In the clinical trials industry, training needs to be carefully tracked and delivered. Training Doctors, Nurses, Site staff, Suppliers and Patients was never as easy as it should have been. Our clients were flying hundreds and sometimes thousands of people half way around the World to investigator meetings and training events. It was outrageously expensive and unsustainable. Most forgot their training due to patient recruitment and more. Online learning systems started to appear in the 2000s, but they were: “expensive, hard to use, annoyingly bad, and unreliable.” Something needed to be done!
- Improving training adherence and compliance Operating in the highly regulated clinical trials industry we needed to be able to evidence training adherence and compliance to our large pharma clients and regulatory bodies if ever needed. Excel spreadsheets DO NOT cut it!
- Engaging and retaining people in post longer – We have learned that by asking frontline troops how they would solve issues they face. That they can tell you exactly what to do to apply rapid fixes. Empowering people also meant they felt engaged, made a difference and so stayed in post longer.
By 2016, we were winning awards and supporting over 200,000 learners. Today, that number exceeds 1 million users worldwide.
Our smallest customer has just 6 users, our largest 179,614 (as at April-21); and for every 100,000 users, we average just 2 support calls per week! This means small, agile teams, each player empowered to delight customers, colleagues and our various partners. Every client gets a dedicated, named team of three.
- Account Manager – Responsible for sales, strategy, onboarding and training
- L&D Technical Teaching Specialist with formal teacher qualifications. They help advise and guide on best practices, strategies to deploy for conveying the learning point
- LMS Technical Support – Takes care of integrations, new custom features and any issues
Our LMS Competitors make a big fuss about start-up the time it takes… the complexity, cost and more.
This is an avoidable drama. It’s no surprise that this all translates to expensive experts, long strategy sessions, long lead times and of course the BIG BUCKS. Huge costs do not always mean you are buying the best. My friend Richard bought an Astin Martin back in 2002 with his new found wealth only to learn that it spent more time on the back of a recovery truck or in the garage with eye watering bills.
We do not aspire to be high cost. If CreateLMS was a car it would be a Tesla, Model 3 or Y. Awesome fun, super easy and a joy to own and drive.
We use a “validated SDLC” approach to our design, build, testing and documentation.
This process is burdensome but well worth the effort and discipline.
We warmly welcome your audit/inspection of our:
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and controls
- LMS Platform testing and validation plan
- Weekly automated security pen-tests to OWASP-10
- Compliance: HIPAA, CFR 21 Part 11, GDPR
Result: Since 2015 the platform has not had a single minute of downtime and we recieve on average 2 weekly support tickets per 100,000 users.
We have a strong reputation for a leading-edge product, but we don’t sit back. Constant product updates and enhancements flow monthly… It’s all part of what every customer gets for FREE when they choose the CreateLMS platform.
We offer you an easy to use, best in class, highly affordable, learning platform; and we pride ourselves on providing unrivaled service to our band of loyal customers. Every client no matter how small is given the dedicated account team for rapid one to one support.
Sounds too good to be true? Start your free trial – See for yourself:
- Test the ease of use/service and see our unique features.
- Meet our awesome support team. Be treated like a rockstar.
- See how easy we have made it for you to: Hire – Train – Retain.
Due to ease of use – Many clients who have content ready and need to train quickly are delivering their training programs and classes within 90 minutes of getting the keys. We love it when this happens.
We offer an “outsourced L&D service”. It’s a sad fact of life that most clients’ HR + L&D teams are resource constrained.
An awesome, highly affordable team on hand to help you deliver your LMS strategy, goals, project and content with less stress and effort.
Rates start at $35 and we have teams that can build your programs whatever they are.
We LOVE this industry, our clients, the incredible journey we are taking together. All clients help shape our future direction of the platform. It has been hugely rewarding to see it develop and grow since 2015 – which seems a long way off today.
In 2020 we started innovating in:
- Immersive Video360, Augmented Reality and Virtual reality – and have built a platform to help you build, manage and deploy content.
- Artificial Intelligence – Getting rapidly to the learning point and discovering hidden teaching gems in vast data pools of content
We would be thrilled to show you the platform and our latest NSFlow innovations which can be seen in the video.